Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

October Music #2: Florence and the Machine

Album Cover
Ahhh, this album.

I've been obsessed with "Dog Days Are Over" ever since "Eat, Pray, Love" commercials started this summer. (I hated that movie, btw) Then I saw Florence and her machine performing on a few talk shows and was blown away by her voice. And then I remembered how bored I was with Mumford & Sons. And then I saw that Lungs was on mega-sale at Best Buy, the only place to buy music in Greenville besides Target.

Long story longer, I bought it and ripped the wrapper off as I walked out the automatic doors. It hasn't left my 6 disc changer since. One day soon, I may be joining in with the rest of society and using my iPod when I drive but that's not the point.

The point is that this album is funky, refreshing, serious and playful.

Best songs: "Dog Days Are Over," "I'm Not Calling You a Liar," "Kiss with a Fist," "Cosmic Love," "You've Got the Love"

I realize that's a lot of best songs but I couldn't choose. They're all great!

Does anyone have suggestions for next month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

So...what's up?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...