Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Great Gatsby



After struggling to get through The Great Gatsby for almost a week, I finally finished it a few days ago. I don't know what the deal was- I think I read every page at least twice. I came across this quote while reading:

"Her voice is full of money," he said suddenly.

That was it. I'd never understood before. It was full of money- that was the inexhaustible charm that rose and fell in it, the jingle of it, the cymbals' song of it...High in a white palace the king's daughter, the golden girl....


Gatsby said it of Daisy (his love interest) to Nick (his neighbor and friend and the narrator of the story). I've been thinking about what a voice like that must sound like. I still don't have an answer.

I'm going home tomorrow to enjoy all that Southern Pines has to offer. So far, it's offering me two pool parties and that's just perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So...what's up?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...