Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Book Club

Ali, Lauren, Mary, (the other) Courtney, Kelly
A few weeks ago, my friend Lauren proposed the great idea to start a book club with some of our lady friends and I jumped on board immediately. I was lucky enough to get to pick our first book options and we ended up deciding on Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer, my author crush. And boy, was it an interesting book. Definitely different than his others but just as good. 

This past Monday, we met up for a potluck dinner and to talk about the book. The rain and heavy storms kept a lot of people away but we're hoping for a bigger crowd next month when we discuss The Innocents by Francesca Segal. I'm especially excited to read this one because it's described as  "combining 'Gossip Girl' with every one of your own dramatic family get-togethers."

No comments:

Post a Comment

So...what's up?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...