Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Fashion Blogger Gripes.

Last night, Emma and I were talking about the funny things style bloggers do that tend to baffle or annoy us. I guess I'm a lot more opinionated on the issue because I came up with this list:

1. Just because you're not looking at the camera doesn't make it a candid photo.


2. Sometimes your clothes don't even go together. 


3. Is it necessary to say something is "vintage" and "thrifted"? And since we're on the topic, Old Navy items won't be "vintage" for at least another 20 years.




4. For those fashion bloggers in warmer places, how can you possibly wear blazers year-round? (Or with cut-off shorts and a bathing suit?)


5. And like Abby has talked about, there is no way you can dress THAT well and be that happy every. single. day. So 'fess up and tell me about how you wear gym shorts and a t-shirt with your unwashed hair every now and then.


That being said, I also love that style bloggers mix things in unexpected ways to make good outfits, suggest books to read, give me something to look at when I'm bored, serve as a reference point when I'm blindly staring at my closet, offer DIY ideas, and even teach me about architecture.


Here's a few of my favorites (some are more lifestyle than fashion), even though you've probably heard them:
The Other Emily
Kendi Everyday
Jen Loves Kev
What Would a Nerd Wear
Une Vie Geniale
Bleubird Vintage
and for the fellas, The Midwestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

So...what's up?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...