Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Sondre Lerche

Last night, some friends and I went to see Sondre Lerche at Cat's Cradle. I hadn't planned on going but my professor let us out an hour early, which I took as a sign that I should buy a ticket and drive the couple of hours to see him. Also, how often does the only Norwegian singer you like come to North Carolina? (Every 7 years, according to him.)


Before the concert, a couple of us went to Weaver Street Market where we ran into none other than Sondre himself, loading up on a bag of groceries. We took creepy pictures of him eating and walked by his table about eight times.


The concert was awesome! The openers, Kishi Bashi and Nightlands,  were impressive. I was somewhat taken aback by how good Kishi Bashi was. People who can play multiple instruments have that effect on me.








Is this the way people smile in Norway?
After the show, I got Kishi Bashi and Sondre Lerche's signatures. Kishi Bashi asked for my name and then subsequently wrote a scribbly version that looks more like "Camille" than "Courtney." My friend Erika asked Sondre to sign a plastic dinosaur she had in her car, which was probably the funniest part of the whole night.


P.S. His name is pronounced Sondre Lair-kay, not Sondre Lerchay. I've been getting that wrong for about 3 years now.

1 comment:

So...what's up?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...