Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

No New Clothes October.



So I spend a lot of time and money thinking about and buying clothes. Even so, I always feel like I have nothing to wear! So in order to save my sanity, I'm doing No New Clothes October. For the whole month, I am not going to buy any clothes.

It sounds crazy that this would even be a challenge but working retail is like getting peer pressured to shop on a daily basis. My willpower often fails me during a 9 hour shift.

This little project is inspired by an article where women limit their wardrobe to 6 items for a month and this one where women give up shopping for a year. Mostly though, it's because of my ever-shrinking bank account.

I have big plans for the next few months that hopefully include a trip to NYC to visit Allison (and catch Elf on Broadway) and a trip to DC to visit Sydney and Hannah. My other big venture is to save enough to go abroad again. I regret not going to France when I studied abroad and Paris has been on my brain lately. Word on the street is that traveling costs money, so hopefully this little experiment will help with that.

Who's going to join me in No New Clothes October? And who is going to think of a better name for it than that?

Hope you have a great weekend!

P.S. That rain I was enamored with yesterday has turned into massive flooding resulting and forced local schools to close.

"I don't get why people like brunch. What's the point of combining breakdancing and lunch?"- Tracy Jordan

Image from here.

**I've decided to call it All Clothes Left Behind! I'm glad several of you are joining in or else I'd be doomed for failure.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm I've been on a strict shopping diet lately - I'm not exactly making the big bucks freelance writing - so I'll make the leap with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in!! No new clothes for me, I promise!

    ReplyDelete

So...what's up?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...