Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Process

It's been a taxing weekend, what with all the packing and general stress that comes with moving and people saying goodbye to me as if I'm dying and/or moving to Narnia. If I'm being honest though, it's only made me more excited to finally get to Greenville- I've been talking about it so long that now I actually want to go and start a life there.

Monday is the big day that I finish cramming my car with too many clothes, shoes and books and then regret it all when I have to unpack too many boxes at the apartment. I've been driving around for the past two days with somewhat randomly assorted belongings that I failed to organize well blocking me from seeing out of my back wndow. Yeah, I know that sounds dangerous but I like to live on the edge.

I came to home to Carthage today to spend a couple of days at home before grad school begins. So far, I've watched Home Alone with my nephew and found a dog bone suspiciously close to my bed.

Sometimes I like the seclusion I have at home: no cell phone service, dial-up internet (...seriously) and absence of cable tv. Other times, like today, it drives me crazy. As a result, I drove half an hour to the nearest place with wireless internet (Panera) and decided to get a head start on work for grad school. And maybe to start a coffee shop closer to my house that isn't a chain.

Funny how it works, isn't it? At the beginning of May, I would have given anything to have the freedom to do nothing. Today, I would give anything to just have a couple of assignments to think about. Not hard assignments, mind you. Just something to keep me occupied.

Mostly I want my school-year handwriting back. When I was a kid, I never physically wrote anything over the summer. So in August as things started up again, my handwriting looked elementary and disheveled. I wrote an "s" the other day that just wasn't up to par, reminding me of how much I secretly love being a student.

May the force be with you.

Love,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment

So...what's up?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...