Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

When Animals Attack



Since last week, I have become somewhat fearful of animals. I began reading "Moby Dick" and this is when the fear began. As I read through this classic tale, I am astounded at how much damage one whale has done to so many characters in the novel. Ahab, the Captain of the ship, has dedicated his whole life to getting revenge on one whale who ate his leg years ago.

Thanks to the novel itself and this picture that my teacher put up on the big screen in class one day, I now walk around with the fear that a great white whale could attack me at any minute.

This past weekend, I had a few more run-ins with animals that lead me to think they are all up to something.

On Sunday morning around 5:30, I was driving to my parents house. On the way home, I had been counting how many deer I had seen. I was up to 7 and that doesn't include the ones I saw before I started keeping a tally. On the way home, the thought flashed in my mind that of how lucky it is that I had never hit a deer before. Oh how shocked I was when I felt something crash into the side of my car. It was a deer. Thanks NC Wildlife for keeping me modest.

My next encounter occurred just yesterday when I went to the doctor and found out that I most likely had Swine Flu over the past week without even realizing it. So sneaky, you guys.

The combination of all these things has got me thinking...what if "Pinky and the Brain" wasn't just a cartoon? WHAT IF THEY TAKE OVER THE WORLD?


No comments:

Post a Comment

So...what's up?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...