Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2009

It's been one year since I fell...


into the Gap. At work today, my manager walked up to me and handed me a white envelope that proclaimed "Happy Anniversary." It's been one year since I started working at Gap and what a year it has been. Over the past year, I have folded shirts, hung pants and tried to get people to sign up for a Gap Card for more than 1,000 hours...and now I have a commemorative pin and quit a bit of Gap knowledge to show for it. Here's a few things I've learned in the past year:


1. The slogan is no longer "Fall into the Gap." As catchy as it is, nobody says it or uses it anymore. In fact, I've noticed that my coworkers might even cringe a little when someone says it.

2. Cashwrap is Gap lingo for the cash register. When I worked at The Fresh Market in high school, we just called it a register but Gap's got its own thing going on.

3. More Gap vocabulary: the A on women's jeans is short for Ankle, not Average. Ankle is the shortest length pants come in for women. A frequent occurrence in the fitting rooms involves women busting out of their room and asking why the jeans they have tried on are so short when the label clearly says "A."

4. How to do a bra fitting. When I started working at the Gap, I was placed in the Body section of the store and as part of my training I learned how to fit women for their appropriate size. At first I thought this aspect of the job was incredibly awkward but you get used to it after a while. It's only awkward when women think they have to get completely topless for you to fit them when that is definitely NOT the case.

5. Oprah's favorite jean is the Long and Lean. A few times women have come into the store asking for Oprah's jeans and I had no idea what they were talking about until recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So...what's up?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...