Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Things to Do...in Raleigh

{Source}
I've been living in Raleigh for almost a year now and still feel like I haven't really experienced it or seen a lot of the cool things the area has to offer. Since very recently deciding to stay here for another year (!),  I put together a little list of things to do and see here in Raleigh:


1. Visit museums!
The North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences, The North Carolina Museum of Art, and The NC Museum of History all offer free admission. I've never been to any of these, which is funny considering how much I enjoy going to them when on vacation. (Emma, seriously, we need to have a museum day soon.)


2.  Enjoy downtown during First Friday!
I've been to this event once when I was in college but since moving here in July, I've been out of town every first Friday of the month. Hopefully that will change soon! First Friday is a cool way to check out art galleries, restaurants, and the downtown "scene," which leads me to the next item...


3. Experience downtown Raleigh!
I rarely go to downtown Raleigh. At first I was intimidated at the thought of driving through it and finding a parking spot. Then I never knew where to go when I was there. But now I'm ready to get over it and do some investigating! 


4. Take a hike!
My friend Amy and I once went on a little walk at Umstead Park and declared that we'd commit to doing a longer trail. Then it got cold and we never did. With spring time at its maximum potential, I'm thinking we should be hitting the trails soon.


5. Drink!
I recently came to the realization that Raleigh has a lot of really cool breweries in pubs. One of my favorites is the Boylan Bridge Brewpub, which has an awesome view of the Raleigh skyline. Two places I'd like to try: The Flying Saucer Draught Emporium and Natty Greene's Brewing Co.


6. Eat!
My friends and roommates have been dedicated to introducing me to new places in Raleigh but it's so easy to get stuck in the same comfortable (and delicious) places. Gravy, Poole's Diner, and Irregardless Cafe have all been recommended to try.


7. Find a boyfriend!
I kid, I kid...sort of. Anyway, Raleigh is full of perfectly hipster, talented, trendy guys. I will take one, please.




And that is all my Saturday brain can think of right now. Raleigh folks, got any other suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

So...what's up?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...