Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Going to Greenville.

A couple of weeks ago, I interviewed at East Carolina University but honestly never thought I would end up going there. By the end of the interview, they had not only accepted me to the Masters of Art in Teaching (MAT) program but also gave me a list of assignments and my class schedule for the next 12 months.

At first, I hated the idea of living there. But it slowly grew on me even though Raleigh was where I wanted to live for the past couple of years. Raleigh is safe. I have a church, friends and a job all in the area and knew it would be perfect if I stayed there. I thought I could take a year off of school. It would give me time to learn how to play the guitar and maybe even read some good novels for fun.

Unfortunately, agreeing to live in Raleigh just didn't feel like the right thing to do and this weekend I made the final decision to move to Greenville. It's going to be a huge change- I don't know anybody there and will basically be starting over again.

Maybe Greenville won't be the horrendous, Godless, loveless, peopleless, styleless, musicless deserted island that I thought it was last week. Maybe I'll even try to be social and make some friends.

The idea of meeting people by having those terribly uncomfortable conversations where people ask where you are from and what your major is sounded like a deathtrap to me just a week ago but now I may even be excited about it!

Sure I'm leaving a lot behind and not doing things I thought I would but sometimes that's what's best.

Will you please come visit me after I move?

1 comment:

So...what's up?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...